Reset Grecom Scanner
Use this document to factory reset a Grecom scanner and program a frequency to be stored in memory.
Before beginning, please read all the way through these instructions to familiarize yourself with the steps.
Resetting Grecom Scanner
- Turn the scanner OFF and Unplug the audio cable from the rear of the scanner.
- Turn the scanner On. “WELCOME” will scroll across the screen.
- During the “WELCOME” message, press “0” and wait one second
- Press “1”, wait one second, and then Press “ENT”
- The “WELCOME” message will scroll across the screen again then the center of the display should read “1CH 000.0000”. NOTE: If you see other numbers in the center of the display, start over at step 1.
- Press “1” and then press “PGM”
- Using the number keys, enter your dispatch frequency. NOTE: YOU MUST USE THE PERIOD “.” KEY WHEN ENTERING YOUR FREQUENCY.
- When your frequency is entered, press “ENT”
- Set the volume knob to the 10 o’clock position.
- Adjust the squelch knob to the point that just makes no static be heard. (12 o'clock is recommended)
- Have your NORMAL DISPATCH CENTER do a test dispatch. DO NOT use a base radio in your station. Verify that you can hear the dispatch through the scanner.
- Insert the audio cable into the headphone jack on the rear of the scanner. DO NOT use the PC/IF jack
Your scanner is now programmed to the proper frequency and ready for use.
We strongly recommend that you attach a note to your scanner/detector stating “DO NOT TOUCH.”
Did you find this article helpful?